FAQ: What version of Octave should I use?

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: FAQ: What version of Octave should I use?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:22:16 -0700

"What version of Octave should I use?" added to Octave FAQ.

Is it worth it to have a single file that contains variables such as
recommended Octave version that could be used by all documentation
files? That way we would only need to maintain one file and we
wouldn't shy away from using information that changes frequently. I
don't know how to do it but I image we can use either the programs
that compile the texinfo source (too many programs to deal with) or
the make file (that sounds better). All we need is an escape
character: address@hidden@b?