Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:38:28 +0200

Keith Goodman wrote:

On 6/5/05, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
Try the attached version, this time gzipped
as I seem to be sending this file rather a lot recently...

It works most of the time. But I did manage to get an out of memory error.

$ octave
Octave 2.9.3 Forge 20041116
lookfor inverse
[I hit Control-C. It works. But is there any way to prevent it from
spitting out the warnings below?]
warning: help: Texinfo formatting filter exited abnormally
warning: help: raw Texinfo source of help text follows...
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost

I don't know why that happens. At the moment I store all of the data and print it at the end, to allow return args. I suppose I can partially fix the problem wen then is not return args by printing the matchs as they happen and not storing them. To think about..

lookfor matlab
casesen             Provided for compatibility with Matlab, but does nothing.
error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

I noticed that the -all flag can come before or after the search
string. Matlab documents it by putting the -all flag after the search
string, so

Command: lookfor STR -all

instead of
Command: lookfor -all STR

But that doesn't make sense (to me), unless you're into that whole
compatibility thing.

This is why I changed the order in the documentation but allowed the matlab compatiable ordering... So we get compatiability and something a bit more sensible...

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary