Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:20:47 -0700

On 6/6/05, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't know why that happens. At the moment I store all of the data and
> print it at the end, to allow return args. I suppose I can partially fix
> the problem wen then is not return args by printing the matchs as they
> happen and not storing them. To think about..

I'm not going to ask for more features---I've already gotten ten times
more than I asked for. But I think it is a good trade to get the
matches printed as you find them in exchange for the ability to
capture the output as string matrices. A lookfor search can be long,
so in 98.7 out of 100 cases (by my ab initio calculations) the user
would prefer to see the results as they are found over capturing the
output.