Copyrights

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Copyrights
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:24:03 -0400 (EDT)

What is the correct thing to do for copyrighted files in the octave directory? I know that things that I create are
Copyright (C) <year> Bill Denney,
but what about things that I modify?

Should I do something like (if I modified the plot.m file)
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997 John W. Eaton, 2005 Bill Denney

I want all my work submitted to Octave to be GPL'd, but in case of problems like the license issues that caused problems with XFree86, I want to keep the copyright to my files and changes myself. (I don't anticipate such problems, but neither did the Xorg people.)

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.

Bill

--
"We're a gang, a real fierce gang, and we are into design. We know what the consumer needs and we know without calling a line."
  -- The Joeys