Re: packaging system

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: packaging system
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:35:06 +0200

I still think that something like a pre- and post-install script would
be useful.  Why stop at being able to modify the installation prefix?
Why not create a standard structure with all installation variables,
populated before installation starts.

The installing package then has an opportunity to modify this struct
in the pre-install script after which installation takes place.
Afterwards, the post-install script can do any additional
admin/cleanup needed while having access to that information still.

Your package has everything in place to do this already.  It would
just require some minor modifications.

Regards
Stefan