Re: packaging system

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: packaging system
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:45:22 +0200

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 02:14:03PM +0200, S?ren Hauberg wrote:
> Søren Hauberg wrote:
> [snip]
> >I'll write again when this is implemented
> It is now implemented!

Excellent!

> >>INDEX files are specifically aimed at describing toolboxes and their
> >>content.  You can have many packages contributing functions to a
> >>single toolbox.
> Should the package system know about toolboxes? Couldn't a toolbox
> simply be an empty package that depends on the packages that define the
> toolbox?

In the end, one should be able to do

help('toolboxname')

And get something similar to the MATLAB output:

Signal Processing Toolbox

funname - Short Description

The Short Description can be dynamically extracted from each file on
its own -- we just need the funname -> toolbox relationship, as well
as toolbox descriptions.  If the package structure offers this, it's fine.

Regards
Stefan