INDEX handler

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: INDEX handler
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:53:54 +0200

In our discussion on the packaging format, I referred to code that
handles INDEX files.  I attach it here, since I think it will be
useful when implementing `help("toolbox")'-style functions.

The interface is very simple.  You can load an INDEX with

a.load("MERGEA");

Concatenate two indeces by doing

a + b

(this takes into account toolboxes/categories)

and print indeces by doing

std::cout << a;

Also, $variables are expanded.

Any references to `opi' in the code is to "Octave Package Installer",
which is what I called it back then.  A sample program and two small
INDEX files are attached as well.

Regards
Stéfan