Re: statistics distributions function names

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: statistics distributions function names
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:50:42 -0400 (EDT)

I think that one reason is when functions don't have the exact same functionality as the ML functions.

What do people think about (if there is a case where the function has a reason to not be the same as the matlab function) putting an empty function that just spits out an error and has help text pointing to the octave function? That strikes me as something without much difficulty and it would help people transition code to Octave.

Bill