Re: packaging system

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: packaging system
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:28:41 +0200

Hi

David Bateman wrote:
A couple of comments..

* uninstall.m doesn't take cell arrays and so you can have the problem of circular dependencies on removal... Given the install code, in shouldn't be too hard to get the same functionality there.
Done. I simply forgot :-)

* I see no reason that you can't install over an existing package, as in this case it is an upgrade. I'd first remove the existing version and replace with the new version after the dependencies have been checked..
Done (I think, I haven't tested things that much). A package will be removed after it has been verified that the dependencies of the new version is satisfied. If the installation of the new package fails, the user will however not have the old or the new version installed.

Cheers
David
Thanks,
Søren