RE: fftw on cygwin

From: Paul Billings
Subject: RE: fftw on cygwin
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:57:18 -1000

I believe a generic version of FFTW would suffice.  In contrast to ATLAS
which does extensive benchmarking at make/compile time, FFTW does run-time
measurements (or can load previously saved measurements or "wisdom").
Whatever instruction set that cygwin is generally targeting should be fine,
although I suppose you could have two versions: one for "barebones" and one
for SSE/SSE2 or whatever is appropriate (I forget the differences).  The
user would simply check one or the other in the cygwin setup application.

Paul