RE: MinGW build of octave

From: Billings, Paul
Subject: RE: MinGW build of octave
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:31:01 -1000

Less cruft: very often a worthy goal!
Effort for using rebuild gcc: The only difference between the original gcc
and rebuilt gcc is the implementation of exception handling.  Cygwin.dll
does not use C++ exceptions and would therefore not require a rebuild.  That
said, I haven't done it, so I could be all wet, but in theory... ;-)

I better understand the motivation, now -- thanks.  Best of luck toward a
MinGW version!

Paul