Re: New Sparse Packages

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: New Sparse Packages
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:05:28 +0200

Andy Adler a écrit :

David,

This sounds like good news. That new code, especially with 64 bit
versions will be a nice advantage to octave. While I agree that
moving to a new package is a little bit of pain. It will be nice
to have all the sparse routines in one package.

Have you yet had time to figure out wither this will change any
of the Sparse class in octave. ie. will those of us who write
sparse code need to plan for any changes?
Ok, so I lied it will introduce another user visible change. The interface to colamd and symamd changed, in that the definition of the second argument to colamd and symamd changed. This is used when determining which rows/cols are to be considered as dense and moved to the end of the reordering.

I checked in an updated version of Fcolamd, Fsymand and Fetree that can be built for 64-bit systems. Check the help of colamd and symamd for the new definition of "knobs"...

Cheers
David