Re: adopting functions from Octave-forge

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: adopting functions from Octave-forge
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:29:20 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:

Is anyone maintaining a list of functions that have been moved from
Octave to Octave-forge?  If so, where is it kept?  I'd like to add to
it as more functions are adopted.

Did you mean moved from octave-forge to octave?

Ignoring sparse functions, we currently have the following overlap:

builtin dispatch hankel mu2lin randn struct cellstr dispatch_help isa ndims rmfield tf2zp char double isequal orient setdiff toeplitz chol fieldnames isfield polyder sortrows tril complex full ismember polyderiv str2double triu deal gammaln issparse polygcd strcmpi unique detrend gammaln isunix print strmatch unix dispatch grid lin2mu rand strncmp zp2tf
Some of these may still be different in Octave-forge, so the list
should also keep the current status of the function so that we don't
end up with two diverging versions of each of these.

Maybe we should use the wiki for this. However, I'm under the impression that the wiki has become much less active since the security was tightened. Maybe we need to consider a new way of dealing with it. Fedora Extras makes very good use of a wiki for collaborating on things. Users must create an account and have edit permission explicitly approved by someone. If the approval system for this were simple enough (moderator receives an e-mail with link to approve), I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of a burden to maintain.

-Quentin