Re: gnuplot+octave+cygwin-X11

From: Petr Mikulik
Subject: Re: gnuplot+octave+cygwin-X11
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:45:28 -0500

The current octave-cygwin package depends on gnuplot which depends on X11. I know there is a Windows native terminal for gnuplot so the X11 package isn't strictly required, but I believe the Windows terminal only allows one figure.

It is advantageous to use the X11-gnuplot under windows so that the complete set of multi-window features (and more) is allowed.

Any idea how difficult it would be to extend octave/gnuplot to support multiple figures natively?

Cross-platform wxWidgets terminal for gnuplot is under development by Timothée Lecomte, see

http://tipote.free.fr/wxt3.png
http://tipote.free.fr/wxt4.png

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1267434&group_id=2055&atid=302055

It will have (has...) all the goodies of X11 plus menu's like OS/2 PM terminal.

---
PM