Re: source control management for Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: source control management for Octave
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:45:38 +0200

Stefan van der Walt wrote:

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 02:47:11AM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
On  5-Oct-2005, Stefan van der Walt wrote:

| Octave is currently being hosted in CVS -- but is there any reason why
| we couldn't move over to Subversion?

David Bateman already mentioned that someone would have to do the work
to make the switch.

I wouldn't mind doing it, but then I would need access to the server.
Otherwise, I can create all the necessary scripts on my side,
and you can simply modify and run them over there.  As I mentioned in
my previous e-mail, it takes all of 10 minutes.
If it only takes 10 minutes, perhaps the thing to do is to setup a trial server with an imported octave-cvs tree somewhere as an example. Then let people play with it a bit to get confortable, and then if John likes it we can spend the 10 minutes again to import the real tree in its permanent home.

Just need a server somewhere to be setup. I have a machine permanently on the net, but as its a very old laptop (P2 200MHz) I'd rather not open it up for a large number of users. Perhaps for the type of use this trial implies it would be fine.. Or perhaps Stefan you have somewhere else to setup the svn tree. If you want to use my machine contact me off-line...

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary