Re: source control management for Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: source control management for Octave
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:03:45 -0400

On 14-Oct-2005, David Bateman wrote:

| I believe you want a tar of what is under CVSROOT. If that is the case,
| then the only one who can provide it is John. John could we have a tar
| of the octave CVSROOT, to test up a test server? We don't carry about it
| getting out of sync as its just to demonstrate the concepts of svn
| applied to octave?

In CVS, the CVSROOT directory has the administrative files for the
server.  The actual RCS files that make up the CVS history for Octave
are in a separate tree.  I think that is all you need.  Then you can
insert those files in your own cvs archive (with its own CVSROOT
directory, which determine how the archive is managed).  I've added
the octave-cvs files to the rsync server on www.octave.org.  You can
get all the files and keep them up to date with

  rsync -av www.octave.org::/octave-cvs/ ./octave-cvs/

If you just want to have a publicly accessible SVN archive that is
read-only, and the conversion from CVS to SVN can be automated, then
I think this should allow you to do that.