Re: source control management for Octave

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: source control management for Octave
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:51:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, David Bateman wrote:

> Andy Adler wrote:
>
> >In order to allow testing of SVN for octave, Stefan van der Walt
> >and I have set up a server with a svn octave repository.
> >
> >I sample usage is:
> > $ svn ls svn+ssh://address@hidden/octave/
> >  branches/
> >  tags/
> >  trunk/
> >
> >At this point, I would like to know how this should be used.

> Could we have an SSL connection as well on a standard port. The reason
> is that I'm behind a firewall at work and can't ssh out, and can't use
> https to anything except standard ports.

To do this, I need to remove apache-1.3 and install 2.0. However,
this machine supports an application through 1.3, and it'll take
time to debug the switchover.

If enough request it, I'll can probably find another machine
so support this, or move the application to apache 2.

> In any case the the original octave CVS will get out of sync relative to
> this SVN, so unless the point is to fork octave this svn server should
> just be considered a test server, in particular to show John the
> advantages of SVN, and if he is sold on it to replace the original CVS
> server with  SVN. So the use will be limited in time and quantity to
> just a few people testing it out..

Yes. The goal is to allow people to play with SVN for octave
to see if they like it. This install is not part of octave
development per se.

--
Andy Adler <address@hidden> 1(613)562-5800x6218