Re: Package system

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Package system
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:51:28 +0200

Stefan,
I uploaded the most recent code about the same time I wrote the last
message, so if you got code from before that I'd recommend
re-downloading (don't think there's been many changes, but still).

And your question, ...
Well, the basic idea is that you inform the user that FFMpeg is needed
(there's a field in DESCRIPTION called SystemRequirements for this), but
the package system doesn't check it. So to check if FFMpeg is installed
you need some autoconfig magic. This kinda sucks, but checking if a
library is installed is hard, so I don't think octave should try to do
configure's job.

/Soren

P.S. This is the same way R does it