Re: Converting DejaGNU tests to Paul's test/assert infrastructure

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Converting DejaGNU tests to Paul's test/assert infrastructure
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:47:30 -0400

On Oct 25, 2005, at 10:02 AM, David Bateman wrote:

Paul Kienzle wrote:

On Oct 24, 2005, at 9:20 AM, David Bateman wrote:

However, nested functions are not permitted with Paul's test infrastructure. I haven't looked at test.m yet to see, but how complicated would it be to include nested functions in test.m?

You should now be able to build test function blocks with the function name being the name of a shared variable which will last until the end of the test or until the next 'shared' block.

Ok, but it doesn't treat white space between the function name and "(" that is

%!function y = f(x)
%! y=sin(x)

works, but

%!function y = f (x)
%! y=sin(x)

doesn't. All of the DejaGNU tests are of this form and so either I have to remove the spaces in my perl script, or better update test.m to take the spaces into account in function_name(). For this reason I suggest the attached patch to test.m.

I added some comments to the patch.

Thanks,

        - Paul