Re: FC4 and listen

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: FC4 and listen
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:00:40 +0200

Fro what it's worth I tried this on FC4, but with my self compiled
octave and octave-forge-.2005.06.13 They were compiled with gcc & f77:
gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-47.fc4)

since I was not able to get Quentin's packages to work (I gave up
prety fast on that).

Anyway, here is the output:

terminal1:
GNU Octave, version 2.1.71 (i686-pc-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 2005 John W. Eaton.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

octave:1> listen(1234,'debug')
listening on port 1234
trying to accept
connected
server: got connection from 127.0.0.1
waiting for command
received command !!!x after 24us
read 22 byte command in 5us
evaluating (22) send('bounce sock3 4')
trying to accept
received command !!!x after 329us
read 22 byte command in 4us
evaluating (22) send('bounce sock3 3')
received command !!!x after 40645us
read 22 byte command in 6us
evaluating (22) send('bounce sock3 2')
received command !!!x after 40517us
read 22 byte command in 6us
evaluating (22) send('bounce sock3 1')
received command !!!x after 43205us
read 22 byte command in 5us
evaluating (22) send('bounce sock3 0')
read socket returned 0
child is exitting

reaping all children
done reaping children
failed to accept
Octave pid: 30624
accept: Interrupted system call
trying to accept

=======================================
terminal 2
 address@hidden ~]$
/home/shaia/Download/octave-forge-2005.06.13/extra/soctcl/demo/octsync.tcl
1234
bounce 5 at time 0ms
length of head=8
!!!x<14>