Etiquette question

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Etiquette question
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:31:47 +0200

Hi all,

During the course of developing octplot I often have to take an
existing GPL'd m-file from octave/octave-forge and make trivial
changes to adapt it to use handle graphics instead of gnuplot. For
example today I adapted specgram.m and colormap.m changing at most 3
lines in each ones.

My question: How should I change the copyright/authors section of the
new files that will reflect the change, the triviality of it and the
work of the original authors ?

Shai

p.s. These changes will make the functions work in any handle graphics
system (which is compatible with the big M)