Expected behavior of legend.m in cvs

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Expected behavior of legend.m in cvs
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:19:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am re-releasing octave-forge-2005.06.13 on cygwin, primarily to incorporate
the installation directory changes previously discussed.  I thought to include
an update for legend.m from cvs, so used the file from a cvs pull I did on 3
October.

In a basic test of legend, the new code caused an error very similarly to the
current code.  The screen copy below illustrates new code behavior in this
test:
==========
octave:2> x=2*pi*[0:100]/100;
octave:3> y=sin(x);
octave:4> plot(x,y);
octave:5> legend("sin(x)")
error: invalid row index = 0
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating prefix operator `!' near line 191, column 7
error: if: error evaluating conditional expression
error: evaluating if command near line 191, column 3
error: called from `legend' in file
`/usr/share/octave/site/m/octave-forge/plot/legend.m'

If line 5 is evaluated a second time, legend completes successfully.

Is this the expected behavior of the cvs version of legend?

jrp