Re: message ids for warnings and errors

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: message ids for warnings and errors
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:21:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Stefan van der Walt wrote:

I wonder how consistent they are in the usage of these strings. The
best description I could find is at

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/ch12_er7.html#prog_message_identifiers

and it doesn't refer to a list of pre-defined identifiers.

My vote goes for the lookup-table, rather than the string translation.

That looks like what I see as well. These identifiers are written in by the coders of the individual functions (you can add one yourself as part of your warning). I would say that the warning types should be added as they are found, and I don't think that they are standard.

Bill

--
Warning label at MIT's Junior Lab:
"WARNING: Do not look into laser with remaining eye"