Re: Octave-forge Date Functions Patch

From: William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno
Subject: Re: Octave-forge Date Functions Patch
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:52:36 +0800

On 1/7/06, Bill Denney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here is a patch to the functions datesplit, datevec, and datenum to allow
> formats (as in strptime) to be used.  It's very slow (at least on my
> testing in cygwin which I know is slow to begin with), so it may be
> worthwhile for someone to vectorize strptime.

Hi, maybe you would like to ask around before doing this to prevent
duplication of work ;) I've fixed the functions, and they're attached;
you would like to look at the links below :) I haven't really looked
at your attachment (just skimmed over it), but you might want to merge
the patches, so...

Actually I don't count on merged patches being committed (remember
your patch about the docstrings?)

I've done those more than two weeks ago, but I haven't actually
committed the patches yet, since I'm still waiting for strfind (in
discussion with Alois) and strptime (needs a patch). Unfortunately,
John hasn't applied my strptime patch yet :(