Re: Successful compilation with MinGW

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Successful compilation with MinGW
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 23:02:29 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:
On  9-Jan-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| So if you want a version of octave under windows that won't be | embrassing slow on for-loops in particular you need mingw...

Or you need to use dwarf exception handling with Cygwin, or you need
someone to find out what is causing the performance problem with sjlj
exception handling and fix that problem.

jwe

Maybe I am being a little naive about how deep the Octave exception handling is used, but from a pretty minimal glance it appears that the exception handling is fairly confined as to where exceptions are thrown and caught. Would it be an option to somehow implement a "custom" exception handler and avoid C++ exceptions altogether?

John