Contributors Webpage

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Contributors Webpage
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 22:49:37 -0500 (EST)

I was looking at the website, and I noticed that the contributors page was rather sparse for the number of contributors that are out there.

John, did you only want to add people to the list if they requested it? I can understand that, but if not, here is a quick bash script that combs the ChangeLogs and finds all the contributors (it'll line wrap, but it should all be on one line):

(for I in `find * | grep ChangeLog`; do grep -E ^[0-9]\{4\} $I | awk '{print $2 " " $3
" " $4}' | sed -e 's/.<.*$//'; done) | sort | uniq

I came up with 113 unique contributors (though a quick scan indicates that there are a few capitalization and punctuation duplicates).

Would anyone who is on the list like to be added to the contributors page, and if so is there a brief blurb that you'd like to include a la http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/acknowledgments.html ?

Bill

--
"The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time.  The last 10% of a
project takes 90% of the time."