Re: octave gui & mingw

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave gui & mingw
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:29:26 -0500

On  9-Feb-2006, Sebastien Loisel wrote:

| This is very similar to what I want to do! However, I probably need a little
| more performance.

I think it is best to write only the critical parts in C++ and leave
the rest in the scripting language.  Putting too much in C++ seems to
narrow the pool of potential developers significantly.  People are
constantly saying "I don't know C++, so I guess I can't contribute.
Sorry".  For something that so many people seem to be interested in
(better graphics) it would be really great if we could include more
people in the development.