Re: More Sparse QR

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: More Sparse QR
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:52:25 +0200

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 12:19:54PM -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Or, we could even introduce a "require" function, so that
>
>   require ("PKG");
>
> checks for a __PKG_init__ function, and executes it if it is
> available.

+1

I like the idea of being able to load only necessary parts of Octave
(I assume that this will also be useful later, when we use Søren's
packaging -- then a person can enable certain chosen toolboxes).

Since we have only one big flat namespace, this would be one way of
controlling it.  Still a pity we can't do

octave:1> require("signal", "sp")
Imported toolbox Signal Processing as sp.
octave:2> sp.hanning(...)

Regards
Stéfan