Re: Website Updates

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Website Updates
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:11:57 -0500

On 10-Feb-2006, Bill Denney wrote:

| I like the ideas that people have had about moving the projects to some
| other place.  I think that they need to be cut down to size in place
| before they can be moved.  I've worked on it a bit, and I've cut it down
| some.  Can someone else help me out by looking over the page and cutting
| things that they know have already been fixed?
|
| This is one of those times that many eyes make problems shallow because as
| everyone reads over the list, things that have been done can be removed
| and things that have not been done, but are simple, can be completed and
| removed.
|
| An updated version of the projects page is at
| http://denney.homeip.net/octave/projects.html .  If you'd like to help
| more than just telling me what can be removed, it would be nicer to
| receive diffs from http://denney.homeip.net/octave/projects.in (it's
| almost identical to the html, but it uses macros to generate the header
| and footer).

I suspect that you started with a fairly old version of the projects
file.  I think the primary source for that has always been the
PROJECTS file in the top-level directory of the Octave sources.  I
took a quick look at the file you your site and it seemed to have a
lot of obsolete entries.  Can you please check the current PROJECTS
file from the Octave CVS archive?  I think it is much more current,
though probably still needs some editing.

Thanks,