Re: Handle graphics again

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Handle graphics again
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:00:31 +0200

John,

I agree with you completely -- your way is a very good way to go and
will allow a bigger number of people to help development. The biggest
problem with your proposal is that, in my opinion, it is hard, tedious
and dirty work to do -- you basically have to bend over backwards and
use the m-language in ways it was never meant to be used. This is why
I think you did not get many volunteers to do it.

My reasons for writing octplot in c++ are purely selfish -- I knew
m-files but I wanted to learn c++. At this stage I am too committed to
octplot to just abandon it and I suspect that other projects are in
the same situation.

If this proposal was on the table at the time I started octplot I
probably wouldn't have started octplot because I realise your way is
better OTOH I would also not put as much time into helping with your
proposal as I would into octplot for the reasons I gave above

Anyway, that's why I Started the thread on creating a repository -- as
a sort of compromise -- I and others will contribute all of our
top-level code and at least there we will not duplicate effort.

Shai