Re: Octave GUI MinGW first light & need help.

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave GUI MinGW first light & need help.
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:59:22 +0100

Sebastien Loisel wrote:

Uh oh, this could get hairy.

On 2/15/06, *David Bateman* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Ok, here I have a problem. Firstly the install of QT4 stated that it
    couldn't find MinGW when it was clearly there. Then I had to copy

I had a pre-existing QT4 installation against my pre-existing MinGW in c:\MinGW, but in principle it should be able to use the one in c:\MinGW\octave (I'm using MinGW 4.1.0 I think...)

    mingw32-make.exe to make.exe, while msys' installer explicitly stated
    that this is a bad idea. Finally I had to take msys' /bin/sh.exe.
Then I

What you have to do is use Windows's cmd.exe and set the path

set PATH=c:\octave\MinGW\bin;%PATH%

That's what I have in compileenv.bat

    still get an error as sh.exe is looking for the msys dll... What shell
did you use if not msys' one?

Don't use msys's shell for compiling for now.

These problems will be alleviated once I port octave-gui to autotools from qmake. (The other choice being of porting octave from autotools to qmake. Autotools wins.) If you can't get it working with the above instructions, I guess I'll have to hurry up with my port. I'm back in Linux now, for that purpose, so I can't doublecheck my MinGW.

Sebastien Loisel

Sorry, this is pretty much what I did. I think it has to do with my minimal mingw install for octave. I'd imagine to get it to work I might have to reproduce you setup with a second mingw version installed just for the build.. I think I'll wait to see what you do...

Cheers
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary