Re: First version of MinGW octave

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: First version of MinGW octave
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:31:03 +0200

that's what I though and what prompted me to develop octplot under
cygwin. Also discussed previously on the list, it is possible to ship
a custom made cygwin1.dll with a prepackaged version of octave which
will make it independent of the other parts of cygwin, which window
users are reluctant to install. I don't see why though -- It is one of
the most harmless installs available for windows -- it all sits under
one directory and only touches ~2 registry entries. But, the people
want a self contained install package ...

Shai