Re: Octave GUI 0.4

From: William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno
Subject: Re: Octave GUI 0.4
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:35:03 +0800

On 2/16/06, Bill Denney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Could you update your website with a bit more detailed installation
> instructions?  Actually, my real preference would be to be able to
> download binaries (with installation instructions for them).  I'd like to
> play with the GUI over the weekend, but I couldn't get it installed.  I
> know for example that I'm missing QT4, but I don't where to download it
> (trolltech's website is far more geared toward selling me their software
> than to giving it away).

True, but we can still get at it:
1. Go to www.trolltech.com.
2. Click on the "Developer" navbar.
3. Click on the "Downloads/Evaluations" subnavbar.
4. See the section "I want to publish Qt-based Open Source software"
and click the link.
5. Scroll down to the section "Open Source Edition download files" and
pick a link.
6. Choose a download mirror.

Yes, it does seem that Trolltech would like people to buy their
libraries. But it's Open Source, so we should exercise our right :)

--
William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno