Re: Octave GUI 0.5

From: William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno
Subject: Re: Octave GUI 0.5
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:02:01 +0700

On 2/17/06, Sebastien Loisel <address@hidden> wrote:
> There's that possibility, other possibilities:
> * Use an MDI window
> * Separate but tabbed editor window
> However it's not clear which one is most desirable at this point.

The tabbed editor will be like Matlab's (with the tabs near the bottom
of the window), and I think this is better than an MDI window (just my
suggestion).

> Other requests I have so far:
> * Variables tab
> * Use Octave's history buffer

Well, good luck :)

> Things I personally want to do:
> * Make MinGW go (*)
> * Fix Help, perhaps using QTextBrowser (althought QAssistant would be
> superior.)
> * Add line numbers to the editor
> * Fix the directory tab (perhaps by implementing my own QDirModel) so it has
> ".." in it.
>
> Patches accepted!

Unfortunately I don't know C++, but I'll try to help (although
graphics is not my primary interest ATM).

--
William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno