A* Search

From: Bill Denney
Subject: A* Search
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:51:13 -0500 (EST)

Attached is an implementation of the A* search algorithm for octave and an example on its usage. I'm sure it's not the most efficient possible variant, but it works. I've been told that instead of sorting the results, I should be using a priority queue. Perhaps someone can improve on this code to make it faster (I already know that it runs rather slowly for what it should/could be).

Bill

--
"Mastery is often taken for egotism."
  -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe