Re: Octave Workshop 0.8

From: William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.8
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 08:20:58 +0800

On 2/19/06, Stefan van der Walt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sure, but (around here) bandwidth isn't :)

Luckily I'm back in Beijing where bandwidth is cheap ;)

> Either way, 1.5Mb isn't a problem (unless it can be avoided easily).
> Frankly, I do not see the use of including the docstrings separately
> in a GUI, where you can just as easily type "help function" for an up
> to date docstring.
>
> Even better would be a shorthand like in ipython:
>
> ?function

I think it would be better if we could extract the raw docstrings in
texinfo form (using some of 'help' code, maybe, or extend 'help' to
output the raw docstring?), and then generate the HTML on the fly.
This will preserve the formatting.

--
William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno