Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:27:19 +0200

Sebastien,

I download all 120MB (this is almost 1/3 of a full linux distro) and
it works fine on my win XP home machine.

Comments:
* the split between input and output takes a bit to get used to. Is
this really essential?
* binding Ctrl-A to the "about box" is annoying -- in readline this
key is the same as "HOME". I think you should retain the default
readline key bindings
* no copy from output window
* while plot works and brings up gnuplot, freqz does nothing (does not
bring up gnuplot, or if gnuplot is already running, does not change
the plot). Try
[b,a]=butter(5,0.3);
freqz(b,a);
* If I exit from gnuplot manually, subsequent plot commands do not
fire it up again

Shai