Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:49:07 +0100

Hi Shai,

* the split between input and output takes a bit to get used to. Is
this really essential?

It was more expeditious, I will try to fix it.

* binding Ctrl-A to the "about box" is annoying -- in readline this

OK, I will try to think of a better way next time. However, I'm not sure I'm going to try to emulate anything but Matlab.

* no copy from output window

Yes, good point.

* while plot works and brings up gnuplot, freqz does nothing (does not
bring up gnuplot, or if gnuplot is already running, does not change
the plot). Try
[b,a]=butter(5,0.3);
freqz(b,a);

It's interesting because I just fired up octave all by itself and had the same problem. Here's the error output I get:

octave.exe:2> freqz(b,a);
error: `automatic_replot' undefined near line 44 column 22
error: evaluating assignment _expression_ near line 44, column 20
error: `replot_state' undefined near line 91 column 26
error: evaluating assignment _expression_ near line 91, column 24
error: °█Σ♥PW‼☺♀
error: ê/╨♥PW‼☺♀
error: ê/╨♥PW‼☺♀

This is in Octave, not Workshop. What's going on?

* If I exit from gnuplot manually, subsequent plot commands do not
fire it up again

There's a whole bunch of problems with GnuPlot, and they also show up when you run octave all by itself.

If you want to run Octave all by itself, download this file

http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-launcher.vbs

and stick it in

c:\octave-workshop

or wherever you installed Octave Workshop. Then doubleclick on it in a terminal window.

Cheers,

Sébastien Loisel