Re: How to break out of a computation?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: How to break out of a computation?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:40:00 -0500

On 20-Feb-2006, Sebastien Loisel wrote:

| BTW, does the Windows implementation of std::cout mean that if you do
| > something like
| >
| >   function_from_dll_one ("some output");
| >   function_from_dll_two ("some other output");
| >
| > in which these functions both write to std::cout, but they are defined
| > in separate DLLs, that the order of output is not defined?  I'm
|

| No idea.

I found an answer to a FAQ here

  http://www.ocsystems.com/faqs/rc_aprobe_faq.html

(question 13.8) that seems to indicate yes.  But this seems like a
strange place to find the answer to my question.  Is this explained on
an MS web page somewhere?  Perhaps along with a rationale about why it
is desirable and/or necessary for Windows?