Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer

From: Simon Persson
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:00:27 +0100

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 04:39, Bill Denney wrote:
> I thought that you mentioned that there was a variable window, but I can't
> find it.

I'm working on that... thought it would be a nice way to introduce myself.
Have it a basic working window, some details to fix left. Maybe someone can
guide me... Still need to find names of fields in structures, the only way I
can see it work is to check for variables which type record contains 'struct'
and then use that name in symbol_table::subsymbol_list. Is there a better
way?

> A view menu that would allow me to open or close various MDI sub-windows
> would be nice (along with the requisite X in the corners).

I was thinking about adding an option to use MDI or tabs. I think people will
want different layouts. I like tabs myself.
Anyway, that's a later problem for me at least.

> Have an option to squash duplicated commands in the command history to one
> command.
>
> A pony.
>
> Bill

Simon