First serious plotting attempt in Workshop

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: First serious plotting attempt in Workshop
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:56:17 +0100

Hello,

Due to the general slowness of Octave + gnuplot, I have started doing an actual plotter. It should be feature complete by the weekend. I have a first screenshot

http://www.math.mcgill.ca/loisel/octave-workshop/plot-screenshot.png

This screenshot shows that axis and line objects are already featureful. I can have multiple plots in the same figure, I can clip to the axis system or not, there are intelligent tick marks, etc... This is implemented with the addition of internal functions; so far I have two: plot_lines and plot_axis. They are self-documenting (help plot_* has information.) If this namespace is already occupied, let me know.

Note that this is not a handle graphics package like Matlab. Handle Graphics could be implemented on top of it, in .m files, but I have not yet done so.

I have just checked this code into CVS and it should be available on the sourceforge anonymous CVS in several hours, when sourceforge decides to sync up with the developer CVS. Since CVS gives people access to my development work, I intend not to release as often.

Note that CVS also includes some bugfixes and Simon's symbols tab (a variables tab.)

Cheers,

Sébastien Loisel