Re: Octave web pages on gnu.org

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Octave web pages on gnu.org
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:57:14 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, John W. Eaton wrote:

I changed the links for the mailing list archive and checked in the
changes.  I see a potential problem with this, becuase any deep links
into the lists will no longer work.  Should we try to fix that with
some .htaccess magic?

I tried this, but unfortunately I don't think that .htaccess usage is allowed (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-06/msg00012.html is a bit old, but I'm seeing that it doesn't work). The .htaccess changes that I put up there should have fixed the problem, but they didn't quite work.

I'll make a larger effort to get the manual on savannah soon (possibly tomorrow). What is the current plan with the mailing lists? I know that they have CVS import, but I don't know if they do anything about mailing list importing.

Bill

--
"Bite me, it's fun."  -- Crow T. Robot