Re: Fwd: Logo conclusions

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Fwd: Logo conclusions
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:27:19 -0600

John Swensen wrote:

I actually like this one, except maybe only have one of them for the sake of being able to see them when they are small. Also, I wasn't sure if your intent was to make the 8/infinity symbol also be a Mobius strip, but I think it would be cool to make that more apparent.

I thought Lee was just showing the image at different sizes as was done with
the previous example.  But now I'm not sure.  Lee, you weren't attempting an
*infinite* series with each successive image scaled *1/2* the size of the
previous (an Octave), were you?  :-)

Anyway, I wasn't thinking Mobius strip.  Even still, I'm not sure a Mobius
strip could be viewed at an angle to cause a figure eight shape.  Here's some
pictures of a Lorenz attractor with different parameter settings.  (Its a 3
variable state equation, so needs the right viewing angle.)

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/fractals/lorenz/

Dan