Re: How to break out of a computation?

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: How to break out of a computation?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:14:21 +0100

This was what I was trying to get at when I suggested you use the
command_editor class for the input, as then you'd have the diary, the
history (even across sessions) that you don't currently have...

I was looking into this just now, but command_editor is a big class and I'm not sure how to use it.

I would like to enable the diary, history, etc... but also solve the problem of the files that get cached when they shouldn't. However, I don't understand Octave's main input/eval loop.

I read diagonally across cmd-edit.cc and somehow ended up looking at input.cc. By grepping for get_user_input and then octave_read, I ended up in lex.cc, and then I sort of lost track of what went where.

Is there a quick explanation of the functions and files involved in Octave's read-eval loop?

Cheers,

Sébastien Loisel