Re: MinGW version binary gobbledygook error messages?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: MinGW version binary gobbledygook error messages?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:36:16 +0100

Sebastien Loisel wrote:

    1) The error messages are goobledegook sometimes in MinGW. Once they
    change to goobledegook they stay that way. Ideas?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it and indeed it will need to be fixed at some point, but it's not so easy for me to debug. My struggles with command_editor are much more pressing (and might I add, unanswered!)

You've pointed out to me several times that eval_string() isn't the right way of doing things. I've been wanting to change to command_editor, but the class is large and I don't understand it. Where do I start?

Sébastien Loisel

I'm much more comfortable in the numeric classes of octave than the parser, which I've never fully understood either.. John or Paul probably know more than I do, though I fear given your goal of an IDE, you'll soon be the expert on this part of octave :-)

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary