Re: Compiling octave-workshop

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: Compiling octave-workshop
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:58:54 +0100

On 3/1/06, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
Why not just use "mkoctfile -c" as the compiler?  You might also be
able to use mkoctfile --link-stand-alone to perform the final linking
step.

Two reasons:

1) Originally, I was using qmake. Qmake adds compile and link options to the command line which did not work if I hand-edited the Makefile to use mkoctfile for its C++ compiler.
2) I don't know how to pass certain options down to g++ at compile time. For instance, -fexceptions.

mkoctfile is good for small projects, but serious projects will sooner or later want to get around it.

Sébastien Loisel