Re: 2.9.5 and 2.1.73

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: 2.9.5 and 2.1.73
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:42:44 -0500

David Bateman wrote:
Sebastien Loisel wrote:
It would be good if the MinGW version bug with the error() output
getting garbled were fixed.
I have no idea of the source of this bug and so don't know how to debug
it. I'd appreciate help on this one...
I found something that may be more helpful: when a function wasn't present in my path, error only started failing when it started traversing up the parse tree (assuming that I know what I'm talking about-- which isn't always the case). The reason I say this is that I got this error when I forgot to add to my LOADPATH:

error: `setopt' undefined near line 76 column 11
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 76, column 9
error: à’ pRk

(There were other extended ascii in the last line.)

Bill