Re: Bi variate to mono variate functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Bi variate to mono variate functions
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:09:44 -0500

On 30-Mar-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| I don't see why it would cause trouble for inline functions as long as
| the octave_fcn_inline class doesn't call make_anon_fcn_handle, but
| rather the
| octave_fcn_handle class directly..

Inline functions are created using eval_string, which is given
something like

  "@(ARGS) EXPRESSION"

where EXPRESSION is the argument passed to inline, and ARGS are the
variable names extracted from EXPRESSION.  As I recall, implementing
it this way fixed some problems with the original implementation that
tried to use the function handle class directly.

2004-09-17  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

        * ov-fcn-inline.cc (octave_fcn_inline::octave_fcn_inline):
        Call eval_string instead of feval ("eval", ...).
        Construct anonymous function handle to avoid going through the
        symbol table.

        * ov-fcn-handle.h (octave_fcn_handle::fcn_val): New function.
        (octave_fcn_handle::octave_fcn_handle (const std:string&)):
        New constructor.