Octave 2006 session moderators

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Octave 2006 session moderators
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:29:49 -0400

Thank you to our volunteer moderators:
   Andy Adler (session 7)
   Etienne Grossman (session 6)
   Paul Kienzle (session 5)
   Alois Schloegl (session 3)

These were assigned somewhat arbitrarily by me and are subject to change.

I'm looking for moderators for session 2 (Graphics and UI) and session 4 (Octave applications).

I expect session 1 to moderate itself.

Thanks go to Etienne for this link describing the role of moderator:

http://www.oecd.org/document/35/ 0,2340,en_21571361_35842076_35844771_1_1_1_1,00.html

- Paul

Day 1
1. State of Octave [John Eaton]
   John Eaton: *Near term features and project management issues
2. Graphics and UI [?]
   Muthiah Annamalai: Octave-GTK: A GTK binding for GNU Octave
   Paul Kienzle: Model-driven user interface design
3. Promoting Octave [Alois Schloegl]
Andy Adler: Challenges in collaborative scientific open source software

Evening BBQ

Day 2
4. Octave Applications [?]
   Alois Schloegl: BioSig - An application of Octave
   Robert Weigel: CISM DX
   Etienne Grossman: Computer vision tools for Octave
5. Octave Types [Paul Kienzle]
   David Bateman: Sparse matrix implementation in Octave
   Przemek Klosowski: Implementing units in octave calculations
6. Octave in Research [Etienne Grossman]
   Jens Ruecknagel: Type Estimating Octave to C++ Compiler
   William Denney: Challenges of Octave use in life sciences
7. Octave Future [Andy Adler]
   Tom Holroyd: *Meeting Users Needs with Octave

* Apologies in advance for misleading titles: I made them up based on the synopsis I was sent.