Re: A plea for gsvd

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: A plea for gsvd
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:55:12 +0200

Pascal Dupuis wrote:

>Hello,
>
>may I humbly repeat a request I made one year ago: would it be
>possible to write an interface to lapack DGGSVD and CDGGSVD ?
>The calling convention is quite similar to those of SVD. I need this
>to compute the gsvd of (A, B), where the B matrix is rank deficient.
>
>I guess most of the work is duplicating src/svd.c and
>liboctave/*SVD*. But I am not skilled enough in C++ to perform this
>transposition.
>
>TIA
>
>Pascal Dupuis

Pascal,

This then comes down to two questions. 1) Who is going to do it, and 2)
How much are you willing to pay them. Sorry, but if the problem hasn't
spurred someone to add this feature, and you aren't willing to do the
work yourself, then paying for it is your only other choice. I believe
the code needed will be relatively trivial, but probably implies between
2 days and a weeks work to get the code going and fully tested.

David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary